San Francisco might be my favorite place to go out to eat. Each time I visit, I make it a point to try something new and different because I know I won’t be let down. I feel like you can get anything in San Francisco because of how many people from different cultures call it home. I also love the small, homey vibe of the restaurants. In my opinion the coziness makes the whole experience even tastier. Over the past year, I’ve been to San Francisco three times and have had AMAZING dinners each visit. I love how you can feel like you’re in another country without ever leaving the city. If you’re looking for somewhere to sit down for a great meal I highly recommend the following places!
- Cafe Europa for Ukrainian/Polish
- B-Star for Burmese fusion
- Tony’s for Italian
- Leopold’s for German
I asked my cousin for her recommendations as well (born and raised in SF!):
- Elephant Sushi on Hyde Street for Japanese
- Don Pisto’s in North Beach for Mexican
- Tartine Bakery & Devil’s Tooth Bakery
- Woodhouse Fish Company on Fillmore Street for seafood
- Bonus restaurant on her radar: Swan Oyster Depot
San Francisco continues to win over my heart (and stomach) each visit, and I always leave feeling a bit more cultured 🙂
What’s your favorite city in terms of food??